Welcome to the SCA Learning Center
The curriculum and courses of the SCA Learning Center are based on standardized, evidence-based scope of practice and evidence-based quality indicators developed by interdisciplinary panels of experts from the fields of chaplaincy, medicine, nursing, psychotherapy, palliative care, social work, research and policy in the U.S. and overseas.
Important Information About the SCA Learning Center
- The Online Learning Center uses a state-of-the-art learning management system.
- Each course was written by a subject matter expert.
- Courses are self-directed unless noted as instructor-facilitated.
- You can take each course at your own pace.
- Earn a certificate of completion and continuing education hours for each course completed.
- The price for Self-Guided Courses is $145 for SCA members and $345 for non-members.
PAYMENT AND REFUNDS
- Payment in full is due upon purchase. No refunds will be issued with the exception of serious illness of the participant with a physician letter, or a death in the participant’s immediate family.
- Course participants receive access to the purchased course(s) within two business days. There is NO instant access to the courses.
- You will have full access to the course(s) purchased for a total duration of six months. No further access to the material/course will be available after 6 months. The course automatically closes at that point.
- There will be one test at the end of each course. Participants will receive a Pass/Fail notification after completing the test. Participants have a total of three attempts to pass the test.
- After the third failed attempt, the participant will receive a “Fail” status on the particular course. If you wish to take the course again, you must re-purchase the course again.
- There are no reduced fees for re-taking a course.
Click here to read our Accommodation Policy
Click here to read our Policy for Protecting Against Copyright and Software License Infringements
Click here to read our Policy for Curriculum Design and Development
Click here to read our Academic Honesty Policy