The Nursing Division of the Spiritual Care Association focuses on the spiritual dimension of professional nursing practice including registered nurses, advanced practice and specialty practice nurses from a wide variety of hospital and non-hospital-based settings.
The Nursing Division of the Spiritual Care Association supports the advancement of the spiritual care component of nursing practice as an integral aspect of high-quality whole person care for all including the professional providing the care.
If you are a nurse interested in incorporating spiritual care into your practice, the Nursing Division of the Spiritual Care Association is perfect for you.
Advance your career! Learn about the specialty practice of faith community nursing and spiritual care aspects of professional nursing through resources, courses, and presentations from national & international experts. As you develop knowledge of spiritual care and strengthen your understanding of other faiths and cultures, you will also start to discover your inner self as you strengthen your personal spirituality. As a member of the Nursing Division of SCA, you will discover opportunities to find fellowship with nursing colleagues and other allied health professions such as social workers and chaplains, work with a mentor or become a mentor to increase your confidence as a healthcare provider assisting hospitals and other healthcare organizations to integrate spiritual care back into health. Be a force in moving high-quality healthcare forward and support the future of nursing practice that improves outcomes by including steps to honor beliefs and aspects of faith that influence healthcare decisions for all faiths and perceptions of spirituality. You have a voice!
Benefits of membership include:
- Belong to a supportive professional community that welcomes both novice and seasoned nurses
- Access to current best-practice standards of spiritual care for those of all faiths and no faith preference. Be notified of new research publications related to spiritual care and the specialty practice of faith community nursing
- Discounted price for online professional educational courses
- Three free Spiritual Care Grand Round Webinars annually with CNE credit
- Discounted registration for the Annual Westberg Symposium at the Caring for the Human Spirit® Conference
- Free electronic subscription to the Journal of HealthCare Chaplaincy
- Free subscription to the Caring for the Human Spirit® Magazine
- Free Spiritual Care Tip of the Day emailed to you
- Free newsletters
- Membership directory and networking opportunities
- Access to archived webinars and articles related to nursing & spiritual care
- Faith community nurse practice information and mentoring
- Faith Community Nurse leadership development
- Opportunities to present at the national level and/or publish an article or be featured in our nursing spotlight column
- Expand your professional value by adding a chaplain certification to your portfolio
- Access to nursing expert
- SCA Membership card will be mailed to you
How to Join?
To become a member, click the "Join now" button below. Membership is $95 annually and it includes all the member benefits listed above. During the registration process, select the “Professional – Nurse Membership” to be added to the Nursing Division of SCA.
Click here to download our Nursing Division brochure.
Director of Nursing Division
T: 212-644-1111 x107
Education and Training Program for Nurses
SCA has partnered with the Westberg Institute for Faith Community Nursing to offer the following professional education opportunities for nurses.
Become a Board Certified Chaplain (BCC), Credentialed Chaplain (CC), or earn your Spiritual Care Generalist Certificate. This is a program for all Westberg affiliates. SCA provides all the education, training and tools.
Click here to learn more.
In today’s busy world, education has changed from the classroom setting to a more accommodating format available 24 hours a day, seven days a week just by clicking a few buttons on your favorite device. Our Spiritual Care Webinar Series for nurses provide cutting-edge best practice information for professional nurses interested in providing spiritual care and the specialty practice of faith community nursing. Continuing Nursing Education (CNEs) contact hours provided by an approved provider unit. Contact hours are valid in all states.
Click here to visit our online catalogue.
Foundations of Faith Community Nursing:
The 4-hour Educators’ Course is a webinar for faculty identified by educational partner organizations that have contracted with the Westberg Institute to provide the 2019 Foundations of Faith Community Nursing Course.
Click here to learn more.
Starting in 2020, the Westberg Symposium, the premier gathering and networking event for faith community nurses from across the globe, will be hosted at the Annual Caring for the Human Spirit® Conference.
Click here to learn more.
The SCA Online Learning Center offers nurses interested in strengthening their spiritual care training curriculum that is based on standardized, evidence-based scope of practice and evidence-based quality indicators developed by interdisciplinary panels of experts. These courses are self-guided and can be completed at your own pace. Continuing Nursing Education contact hours are provided in partnership with the Westberg Institute. The Westberg Institute is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Tennessee Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. Provider # 018071520.
Click here to access the catalog of courses.