Terms and Conditions of Membership
Welcome to Spiritual Care Association, Inc. (“SCA”). The use of the SCA is governed by the policies, terms and conditions set forth below. Please read them carefully. Your use of this site indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions. The Spiritual Care Association and its affiliate, the HealthCare Chaplaincy Network (“HCCN”), reserve the right to make changes to this site and these terms and conditions at any time.
2. APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
All applications for membership are subject to the approval of SCA. SCA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to deny membership to anyone, for any reason, in accordance with applicable laws.
3. PAYMENT OF MEMBERSHIP FEE
Payment of the membership fee is required at the time of application for membership. Payment is charged or debited at the completion of the check-out process, unless you have opted for the invoice option. SCA/HCCN uses secured SSL portals for payment with encryption. You will not be charged prior to the final step and you can choose not to proceed at any time before completion of the check-out process. SCA accepts payment via Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. You agree that SCA may charge or debit your selected payment method and you agree to comply with the applicable terms and conditions of your payment provider.
All fees relating to the membership, including the membership fees, are final and nonrefundable.
5. NO VOTING RIGHTS
Membership in SCA does not confer any voting rights, including without limitation, any right to vote in the election of SCA’s directors or officers or on other matters affecting the governance of SCA.
Your privacy is very important to us. We only collect information for SCA/HCCN’s use and will never share your information.
7. SHARING YOUR CONTENT AND INFORMATION
You own all of the content and information you post on SCA.
8. PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT
As a member of SCA, you agree to conduct yourself in the highest standards of chaplaincy conduct on SCA. Accordingly, you agree that:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam).
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access SCA, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on SCA.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not use SCA to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of SCA, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other SCA functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of these Terms & Conditions or our policies.
9. REGISTRATION & ACCOUNT SECURITY
SCA members provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account.
- You will not provide any false personal information on SCA, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use your personal timeline primarily for your own commercial gain.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
10. PROTECTING OTHER PEOPLE’S RIGHTS
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on SCA that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on SCA if we believe that it violates these Terms & Conditions or our policies.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted with our prior written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on SCA.
No person has any right or guarantee to membership or to continued membership in SCA. You acknowledge and agree that SCA may, at its sole discretion, cancel any member’s membership at any time for any reason, with or without cause, in accordance with applicable laws. If a member’s membership in SCA is cancelled, all of that former member’s privileges attributable to the membership will immediately cease. SCA will not pay or be obligated to pay any monetary amount to any person for the cancellation of a membership.
12. ONLINE STORE (PROFESSIONAL AND CONTINUING EDUCATION)
Payment is required at the time of purchase and placement of your order. Payment is charged or debited at the completion of the check-out process. You will not be charged prior to the final step and you can choose not to proceed at any time before completion of the check-out process. SCA accepts payment via Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. You agree that SCA may charge or debit your selected payment method and you agree to comply with the applicable terms and conditions of your payment provider.
There are no refunds for items purchased from SCA.
You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (a “Claim”) you have with us arising out of or relating to these Terms & Conditions, your membership or SCA exclusively in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York or a state court located in New York, and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all such claims. The laws of the State of New York will govern these Terms & Conditions, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you will defend, indemnify and hold harmless SCA (and any of its affiliates, employees, agents, distributors or third party content providers) from and against all Claims, liability and expenses, including attorneys’ fees and legal fees and costs, relating to or arising out of your SCA membership or your breach of any provision of these Terms and Conditions. SCA reserves the right in its sole discretion and at its own expense to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification. You will cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any claim.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users’ actions on SCA and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit on SCA. Under no circumstances will SCA (or any of its affiliates, employees, agents, distributors or third party content providers) be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, reliance or exemplary damages arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions, your use of SCA or any other interactions with SCA.
ANY LIABILITY OF SCA (OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTORS OR THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL BE DIRECTLY TIED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES IN AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO SCA.
- These Terms and Conditions and any membership rights granted hereunder may not be transferred or assigned by you without SCA’s prior written consent, which may be withheld in SCA’s sole discretion.
- Upon termination of these Terms and Conditions, any provision which, by its nature or express terms should survive, will survive such termination or expiration, including, but not limited to Sections 4, 5, 13 and 14.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid or unenforceable in any respect by any court having competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law, and the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
- The failure of SCA to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Any waiver of any provision of these Terms and Conditions will be effective only in writing signed by SCA.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and SCA with regards to your membership with SCA.
Last Update: February 2016