2021 Westberg Symposium
The International Westberg Symposium is the premier gathering of faith community nurses (FCNs) that provides an international platform for nurses who are serving as FCNs or parish nurses in communities around the world.
Join us for our 35th Anniversary!
We are once again pleased to provide the International Westberg Symposium at the Caring for the Human Spirit Conference ©. By bringing together the expertise of professionals from diverse disciplines, the Symposium and Conference will provide attendees an environment that builds knowledge, creates interdisciplinary connections, and opens new paths for the delivery of spiritual care.
We will be celebrating the 35th anniversary of the Westberg Institute for Faith Community Nursing (formerly the International Parish Nurse Resource Center). We are excited to have you join us in recognizing the rich history sof parish nursing and its conversion to faith community nursing with the pioneering challenges and growth in countries around the world.
Purpose of Symposium
The symposium is the premier gathering of faith community nurses (FCNs) that provide a platform for nurses who are serving as FCNs or parish nurses in their communities around the world. The 2021 symposium will facilitate the exchange of nursing and spiritual care information, novel ideas, insights from research and practice regarding the ever-expanding role of technology in the compassionate care of the human spirit.
- Explore available worldwide technologies related to providing spiritual care.
- Describe how current research related to technology and compassion can be implemented into faith community nursing and chaplaincy practice.
- List steps to move faith community nursing and chaplaincy practice into a new normal using technology related to compassionate care of the human spirit.
- Relate multiple aspects of compassionate care to faith community nursing and chaplaincy practice.
- Compare how technology is being used to provide compassionate spiritual care in various countries.
Top 3 reasons why you should attend the 2021 Westberg Symposium:
- People you serve increasingly use new personal devices such as body function trackers, activity monitors, smart scales, and other self-care emerging technology to manage chronic conditions and wellness. They will expect you, being in healthcare, to be knowledgeable and helpful in applying the data generated from these devices to benefit health decisions rather than lead to bad decisions.
- Technology is making the world a little smaller by increasing your access to communications and interactions with professional peers in remote areas and countries around the globe. More than ever, today and into the future, you can sustain professional networks and peer-supported relationships online and through mobile devices—anywhere, at any time!
- As technology becomes more and more embedded in society, it impacts the lives of people that you serve every day, especially as traditional in-person care moves toward digitally remote care. Thus, maintaining compassion in your care of the human spirit will be essential to help people face these changes in caregiving. You will need to be able to leverage technology constructively to provide spiritual care, help people enhance their health, and ultimately promote the health of the overall community.